Monday, December 14, 2009

French Fry Diary 70: Pluto’s Dog House, Disney Magic

On the Disney Cruise ship the Magic, Pluto’s Dog House is a counter service fast fast food place up on the top deck where the pools and lounge chairs are. It’s designed for quick and easy, and for our purposes here, for French fries.

These fries are typical of Disney, specifically the parks – natural regular cuts, and suitably tasty hot and crispy and not soggy or greasy.

The only thing that bothered me is that the counterperson pulled them out of nowhere. It was like poof and here was a plate of fries, and then he added the hot dog that I saw where that was cooked. Not that the mystery origin of the fries affected their taste or goodness, it was just a bit curious.

Just for the record, these are also the same fries one would get at Pinocchio’s Pizzeria that is situated on the other side of the pool. I get why Pluto would have a dog house, but I am still pondering the whys and wherefores that Pinocchio would have a pizzeria. Hmmm… I guess it’s like any number of appliances on “The Flintstones” would say, ”It’s a living.” I guess I thought that being a real boy/former puppet might pay better...


Bookmark and Share

No comments: