Monday, August 20, 2012

French Fry Diary 407: Cascadian Farm French Fries


I'm usually not a fan of organic frozen French fries. Because they're organic they have limited keep time, and I tend to forget stuff in the freezer sometimes - not a good combination. They also tend to be tasteless and easily freezer burned. Still, I do dip my toe into the water from time to time. Such is the case with Cascadian Farm Crinkle Cut French Fries.

As promised on the bag, these are indeed "tender, delicious french fries that bake up crisp and golden." Be careful though, and follow the directions closely, they can burn pretty easily too as I found out the hard way with my first batch. The second batch was quite tasty, if needing a bit of seasoning. I added salt and barbecue sauce, my usual weapons of choice.

Healthy as heck, and unlike the standard organic fries, these were very good. No transfats, no cholesterol, and low salt, these are recommended.

No comments: