Wednesday, September 12, 2012

French Fry Diary 415: Krunchers! Mesquite Bar-B-Que


This is another snack pack of potato chips I picked up at a rest stop while road tripping. I'd never heard of Krunchers before, so I picked up a bag, specifically choosing the Mesquite Bar-B-Que kettle cooked potato chips. I saved them for later, in this case, almost a week later after I got home.

Upon checking out their website, I was surprised to find they were made by Snyder's of Hanover. It shouldn't have surprised me though, as I don't see them in my area any more either. And that's a shame as Snyder's makes good chips.

The chips themselves, besides having 0 transfats, are thick cut and very crunchy. Much crunchier than many kettle chips out there, and not greasy at all. Kettle cooked, so their shapes are excellent for dipping. The seasoning colors them a bright orange but they are not very hot at all. Very tasty. I would get these again, if I could find them.

No comments: