Monday, August 05, 2013

French Fry Diary 509: Best Daym Takeout


Daymon Patterson, better known as Daym Drops, whose amazing 'soopa oh-ficial' restaurant reviews done from his car have made him a YouTube superstar, idol to millions, and a personal culinary hero of mine, has a new TV show on The Travel Channel. It's called "Best Daym Takeout" and the first two episodes debuted this past Wednesday.

First, I gotta say I love this guy. He wouldn't have to do much to impress me. He could've just broadcast his old YouTube reviews and I would have been glued to the TV, but he jumped in and gave us something new. The concept has him visited different cities and restaurants, followed by his trademark car seat review, all punctuated with his unique banter.

In the Chicago episode, he checks out Pequod's Pizza, Mr. Beef, and the Superdawg Drive-In. On that last one, he shows us how they make their fresh cut crinkle cut fries. He even gets to taste some raw potato. Just for the record, they know how to make fries at Superdawg, and they get Daym's approval as well.

The second episode explores New Orleans with the same charismatic manic intensity and enjoyment. I love it! I will be tuned in every Wednesday night for the next new "Best Daym Takeout." And Daym, my brother from another mother, more fries please!

No comments: