Tuesday, May 23, 2017

French Fry Diary 734: Blog March – Would You Like Fries With That?


While French Fry Diary is not officially part of Blog March 2017, that doesn't mean there might not be something I can add here.  If you want to read my entry, it's right here, and you can learn about the Blog March here, and see the schedule here.

My entry talked about the differences between Trump and President Obama, and outlined reasons why I could no longer be silent about politics.  I fear for my rights and the rights of my family and friends.  What does this have to do with French fries you're asking, right?  A lot.  I think the preferred fries say a lot about a man.  This isn't a meme you see on Facebook, but just some observations I've had. 

President Obama liked Five Guys, and would treat his staff and guests quite often. Trump appears to have a liking for KFC, and also McDonald's. If I'm being honest, these facts make me want to frequent Five Guys more, and KFC and McDonald's maybe not so much.

I know we can't blame KFC or McDonald's for who buys their product, but this information definitely makes me think twice. Do I want to be seen where Trump goes? And let's take a closer look at that pic of Trump eating KFC – he's using utensils, not a crime, but definitely odd. The thing that is a crime though is the fact that there are no fries. Who goes to KFC (or sends an intern to KFC) and doesn't get those delicious potato wedges?? What kind of monster does that?

In all seriousness, this blog is a fun and silly thing, I do it because it amuses me and I love the favorite fried food, but, the actions (or inactions) of Donald Trump, our current President, and the disputed leader of the free world are very serious business. He must be watched and our freedoms safeguarded, especially our freedom of expression, be it fries or art or protest. Join the March.

If you're not an official stop on the Blog March tour, do it anyway. Speak your mind, write your heart, and get the word out. Link back to us so we can help you spread the word.

Please join and/or donate to ACLU, vote, or register to vote if you haven't already, support People for the American Way, Human Rights Campaign, Planned Parenthood, Lambda Legal, and Public Television.

Check out the next stop on the Blog March right here tomorrow, and here the next day. A full schedule can be found here. And thank you.

No comments: