Sunday, November 28, 2010

French Fry Diary 178: Glee's Tot War

I'm about two weeks or so behind on this one. I blame the NaNoWriMo and The Bride's picking order on what we watch on the DVR. Nevertheless, I was quite surprised to get a double treat when we watched "Glee" tonight. Not only did I get another episode of one of my mildly favorite shows, but I also got tater tots.

I knew something had to be up when they kept showing the tater tots during cafeteria scenes and sure enough the plot began to turn on them. The villain of "Glee," cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester, played by Jane Lynch, has become the principal and decided to wage war on 'unhealthy' food, specifically the tater tots, or as they call 'em on the show, 'po-tater tots.'

The episode "The Substitute" also features guest-star Gwyneth Paltrow and the songs "Forget You," "Conjunction Junction" and a mash-up of "Singin' in the Rain" and "Umbrella." Oh yeah, and lots of shots of tater tots. Mmmm... tater tots...

Bookmark and Share

No comments: