Wednesday, April 11, 2012

French Fry Diary 360: 7-Eleven Bacon & Cheese Potato Stix

The last time I was at a 7-Eleven getting a Coke Slurpee I noticed a sign on the door advertising something called Bacon & Cheese Potato Stix, and for only a dollar. I thought, hey, I like bacon, and cheese, and I love potato products - so I decided I'd try one of them the next time I hit 7-Eleven. This was a very very very bad decision.

I now know the origin of all the horror stories about convenience store food. First, considering all of the other deep fried breaded tube items on those rollers, including various hot dog like tubes, I really hoped what I took home was actually a Bacon & Cheese Potato Stix thing.

The thing was hot when I left the 7-Eleven but five minutes later at home, it was vaguely warm and hard as a rock. I had to saw with a knife to break it in half as you see in the pics. I admit I only took a couple bites but that was enough to make me sick. I saw no bacon, and tasted neither bacon nor cheese. The potato was like old cold McDonald's hash brown bits... and I don't know what the green bits were. It was terrible.

Let's file this under I did it so you won't have to, and I did it to save your lives. 7-Eleven Bacon & Cheese Potato Stix - highly NOT recommended.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Heironymous said...

Well, your pix certainly don't look like the stix on the company advertisement.

The 7-11 picture on the box(?)makes the product look more like a spring roll or taquito style than what you have photographed.

Yoor photo makes me think that a Hot Pocket or fried string(green) bean would be tastier. Blech!