Friday, July 06, 2012

French Fry Diary 390: Herr's 1853 Barbecue Potato Chips


I told you all about the mystery box. Well, this is what I got inside. All Natural 1853 Kettle Cooked Barbecue Potato Chips. Also on the bag it says "sliced extra thick" and "sweet and smoky." All true.

Now I can't find these in any store, or on the Herr's website for that matter, so this is a real treat. Thank you, Herr's. Now of course, I have a lifetime supply. I talked about these 1853 babies, and briefly the barbecue type, when they first came out two years ago but here's a more proper review of that flavor.

These are chips with a proper thickness and a kettle cooked crunch that's not too much, it's just right. The seasoning is also just right, and has a smoky flavor that Herr's other barbecue styles don't. Their thickness and the curvy shapes and bubbles made by the kettle cooking make them terrific for dipping. Bonus - no transfats, no cholesterol, low sodium.

I really like these, and their regular variety as well. However I wonder if I've got the last bags of these. They have a November 2012 expiration date. The clock is ticking. Thank you again, Herr's.

2 comments:

Ray Cornwall said...

Look here:

http://www.herrs.com/WhatsNew/PressReleases/may2010-1853.html

Buttermilk and Herb!

Unknown said...

Yep, that's the press release from 2010. I haven't seen them anywhere, except for the regular variety, and only on their website, since 2011 began.