Monday, November 18, 2013

French Fry Diary 539: Get Atomic at Cool Dog Café


You get LOTS more fries and rings than pictured here, but we were sharing.
The Atomic BBQ Sauce is one of three new sauces at the Cool Dog Café in Cherry Hill, along with TNT Mustard and Garlic Aioli, mmm. We had a friend visiting who had wanted to try Cool Dog because she'd heard so much about it, so what better time to go?

I ordered my regular, The Bride got hers, (isn't it great to have a local place with such good food where we can have 'regulars?') and our friend, who's a chef, caterer, and foodie herself actually got two different dogs, and the onion rings. She was very well impressed and would definitely be back.

With my required order of Cool Dog's award winning fresh cut fries, I also got an order of the Atomic BBQ sauce. It was sweet, but hot with a little bit of a kick, I loved it. The sauce was great for dipping, it was good on the fries, and the rings, and even on the dog (hint hint, if you're looking for ideas for future dogs, this is it).

And of course, the big news - is that the Hanukkah Dog will be returning to Cool Dog Cafe the week of Thanksgiving/Hanukkah, so get your appetites ready now!

2 comments:

Digital Dave said...

Our hot dog place here in Columbus is Dirty Franks Hot Dog Palace. http://dirtyfrankscolumbus.com/ Its in a really hip block where there are a couple other really good restaurants/bars and my personal fave 16-Bit Arcade+Bar where all the games are on free play and they have an 80s theme ;) They were playing the Pretty in Pink movie on loop the last time I was there.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Dave, I'll put them on my list if and when I ever get out to Ohio.