Wednesday, December 26, 2012

French Fry Diary 451: The Hanukkah Dog at Home


As I mentioned in an earlier blog entry, my mother-in-law got the very last Hanukkah Dog from the Cool Dog Cafe on the last night of Hanukkah this year. She really enjoyed it, and although we love her a lot, we were really jealous watching her eat the very last one.

Mom was so thrilled with Cool Dog's holiday special that she was telling everyone about it, and everyone was equally enthused about it. While we have all vowed to get to the Cool Dog Café earlier next year, we also determined to make our own when the family got together at Christmas.

So here is the homemade Hanukkah Dog. Makeshift and without the sautéed onions, Mom made a few of these on Christmas Eve night. I had two myself, and they were very good. Not that fries on a dog are an unknown quantity, Gene and Jude's in Chicago are famous for it, but I am ashamed to admit that this was my first time. It won't be my last. Thanks, Mom, and thanks to Cool Dog Café for the inspiration.

No comments: