Friday, April 25, 2014

French Fry Diary 578: Landscape of Flavors, Lunch


Breakfast at Landscape of Flavors may have been a disaster, but lunch was another story altogether. While waiting for our bags and bus, etc., I had time to kill in the common areas of the Art of Animation resort, including Landscape of Flavors, and at lunch, well, one gets hungry.

I got a really good pulled pork sandwich, which I enjoyed, and I'm not a fan. The sandwich came with these fabulous homemade potato chips. Some were seasoned lightly with a smokey barbecue, and they were excellent both hot and later when cold. Great crunch and thickness.

These chips win the resort, for me at least. I would come back for these in a second. Thumbs up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Growing up in my neighborhood, potato chips were standard fare in every family but ours. My mother's family called them 'Saratoga chips' and considered them an exotic delicacy, only serving them on special occasions, and they had to be homemade - usually by my grandmother, who was a superior cook. And every time they were served, someone would recite the legend of how potato chips were invented, in Saratoga, New York, in the 1890s, by accident, as part of a cultural culinary event (I have no idea if this is true or not). I had no patience whatsoever with these tired white-people rituals, I wanted bags of Ripples in our cupboards at all times. But the homemade ones are fantastic. You hardly ever get them in restaurants, lucky you.

Unknown said...

You might be interested in my review of the 'real' Saratoga Chips here:

http://frenchfrydiary.blogspot.com/2011/05/french-fry-diary-224-original-saratoga.html