Wednesday, May 06, 2015

French Fry Diary 663: Fries by State


Northern Spy Co. in New York
Flipboard is one of those apps that used to be cool, but then they upgraded, and shortly thereafter ceased to be useful. Sometimes new and improved is just not better. I rarely even use the app any more, and I'm unsure if it's even still on my iPhone, but I still do get occasional emails from them. The one that caught my eye yesterday was of course about the favorite fried food.

The article was about fries from every state, fifty-two pages of them, each with an image and a short blurb, compiled by Emmie Martin of Business Insider. Not that I don't love French fries, but wow, it must have been a slow news day for Business Insider. Either way, nice job, Ms. Martin.

Bourbon Steak in Florida
If nothing else, the list makes a good base for a French fries bucket list. I will definitely have to seek out the Burger Box food truck way up in North Jersey, which as I've pointed out before, is like a completely different state. I would say that Chickie & Pete's is definitely the best I know of in Pennsylvania, but I wonder if other fry places in Maryland and Idaho get tired of always hearing about Thrasher's and the Boise Fry Company?

I guess I will now update my recommendations and fry bucket lists. I especially look forward to trying Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, New Mexico, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wyoming - but specifically Blue Duck Tavern in Washington DC, Northern Spy Food Co. in New York, and Bourbon Steak in Florida.

Again, you can check out the article here. Mmmm... fries...

No comments: