Friday, May 29, 2015

French Fry Diary 670: Landscape of Flavors, Breakfast 2015


As we headed to Landscape of Flavors that first breakfast at the Art of Animation resort on our most recent WDW stay, I was not looking forward to it. Honestly I was thinking of sneaking across the bridge to Pop Century for the better breakfast. Landscape of Flavors hasn’t been kind to me in the past, especially with breakfast, and I am sooo staying away from those tandoori potatoes.

As I was looking for some sort of potato-ey thing for breakfast I spied these big baked red potatoes. Despite the accompanying image, they looked so good, but wow, what a disappointment. They also looked (and look) seasoned but they were quite bland, seriously needing butter, salt, or even cheese… and if I'm asking for cheese on my potatoes, you know I'm desperate.

The great bacon boycott of WDW continues, as I was provided with two whole slices of bacon. Two whole slices of bacon!!! There is apparently some terrible bacon shortage that Villa Italian Kitchen at the Philadelphia Airport is blissfully unaware of. Two slices per customers is ridiculous!

For breakfast, I also had two pieces of semi-warm challah French toast from under a heat lamp and just enough syrup for one regular slice. Let me be clear, if you're not an egg guy, either in omelet or sandwich form, you are going to be screwed by breakfast at Landscape of Flavors.

2 comments:

Heironymous said...

So, I guess the real question is, will you stay at Art of Animation (and sneak across the bridge for breakfast) or do you just exert your influence and demand to stay at Pop Century?

Personally I loved Pop when we stayed in 2013, but the missus wants more "Disney" so we will be staying at Port Orleans - Riverside this year. I'll let you know how the Riverside Mill (food court) performs.

Victoria Marie Lees said...

Now this is true, Glenn. If you don't eat eggs in any form for breakfast, you do have problems. However, I am a purist about my potatoes. Plain potatoes or lightly seasoned are find with me. Thanks for sharing this with your followers.