Sunday, September 27, 2009

French Fry Diary 48: Restaurant Marrakesh, World Showcase

Up front, they have fries, but I didn’t have ‘em – but it's my blog, so I make the rules. The Restaurant Marrakesh is the fancy food place at Morocco in the World Showcase at Epcot at Walt Disney World. On my most recent trip The Bride and I made reservations for dinner there.

As with any of the restaurants of the World Showcase, atmosphere is the prime directive and Marrakesh has it in spades. Over the course of our meal we enjoyed the talents of two sitar players and a belly dancer. We sampled new and interesting foods – yeah, that’s right, me, the catastrophically picky eater, I tried cous cous and something called a beef brewat roll. Interesting. Marrakesh also had the best beverage service I have ever seen. My Coke wasn’t even half empty before another was placed next to it. Niiice.

On the fries front, the party next to us had a little girl who ordered from the kids menu, which did have – you guessed it – French fries. They appeared to be regular natural cuts, like a lot of the generic counter places in Disney World have. And they must have been better than whatever that party’s adults had ordered, because they were all taking the little girl’s fries.

The Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco in WDW, recommended, and they do have fries.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: