Wednesday, April 25, 2012

French Fry Diary 366: Ruffles Smokehouse Style BBQ


Just a few days after I was lamenting the fact that no one local carries BBQ flavored Ruffles, I find these, almost a substitute, Ruffles Smokehouse Style BBQ Flavored Potato Chips. Wow, how's that for a mouthful. Why do chip products always have such long names?

Anyway, I couldn't wait to get this bag home and try them. Just look at those juicy dry rubbed ribs on the bag... mmmm... Once open the aroma matches the picture. The chips, standard Ruffles, but darkened by spices, are almost brown. If anything they are too spicy. A glance at the ingredients reveals the usual suspects, plus MSG. Not good.

A handful of these are good and hot, with, as I said, perhaps too much seasoning. Any more than that however is like kissing a smoker, or licking an ashtray. Thumbs down on these, but still looking for Ruffles BBQ...

2 comments:

JustinM said...

I freaking love these chips. But I see where you're coming from... they go REALLY heavy on the flavoring.

Victoria Marie Lees said...

I love BBQ chips; however, too spicy does burn my mouth. As for the ashtray mouth, it makes you toooo thirsty and still you can't get rid of the taste. ~Victoria Marie Lees