Thursday, May 30, 2013

French Fry Diary 497: Herr's Bacon Cheddar Cheese Curls


I was very conflicted over writing about this one. Herr's Bacon Cheddar flavored Cheese Curls. I saw them and bought them immediately, I had to try them. The question was, having zero potato content, did it really fit the website?

Granted, I have made allowances for onion rings, the adoptive stepbrother of French fries in the world of fast food, and through that onion snacks, so these are that out of the realm. Cheddar and bacon go great with potato products, and heck, Herr's makes darn good potato chips... so, why not?

Herr's makes pretty good cheese curls to begin with, and these are extra cheesy, but they also have a smokey bacon-ish flavor. No real bacon however. And the taste is closer to what you get with the various kinds of bacon salt, than actual bacon. That said, these are pretty good, and I would get them again.

Real French fries tomorrow, I promise.

2 comments:

Terry Willitts said...

Oh, man, I logged onto Bacon Cheese Product Diary again? Darnit!

That being said, WE WANT FRENCH FRIES!!

Okay, but seriously, WHERE'S THE DAMN FRIES?

Sorry, sorry. In all seriousnessocity, these sound good.

FRIESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Terry Willitts said...

Also?

FRIES!