Wednesday, January 12, 2011

French Fry Diary 201: Lay's Kettle Cooked Original Potato Chips

My biggest complaint with Lay's Potato Chips is how thin they are. In my opinion, they are so thin, they are almost insubstantial. It's why I lean toward Herr's and other brands most of the time. When I saw Lay's Kettle Cooked Original on the shelf, I thought they might be different.

The process of kettle cooking potato chips requires a thicker chip most of the time, but it seems Lay's has kept with their thickness (or thinness) factor. While they taste just like Lay's (a bit greasy and also too salty for my taste) and have the funky cool dipping shapes that kettle cooking creates, they are still too thin for me. I imagine they might break while dipping just like regular Lay's.

These are good in a pinch, like any Lay's, if they are the only brand in a vending machine, and you need a potatoey snack, but not recommended.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: