Sunday, October 18, 2009

French Fry Diary 56: The KFC Double Down

Had I not seen this on the news I would sworn this was a prank or something concocted by This Is Why You're Fat, but it's real, heart-stoppingly real.

This one is for you, Health Nazis, something that makes French fries seem not so bad after all...

The new Double Down sandwich from KFC, also known unofficially in some circles as the cardiologist's nightmare, consists of two chicken patties in lieu of a roll with two slices of cheese and two strips of bacon between them. No, I'm not kidding. Honestly, my first reaction after realizing this was for real was the thought that having a roll might have lightened the blow to the easily shocked.

As tasty and as artery-hardening as this sounds, this thing just isn't for me. But if you are going to try this monstrosity, don't forget the fries. Mmmm... fries...


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Oliver Townshend said...

Well you could order Diet Pepsi with it...

Anonymous said...

I'll admit, I'm interested. When I can afford a splurge (yes, $7 is a splurge to me nowadays), I may try it - hope it's available in my area.