Wednesday, October 28, 2009

French Fry Diary 57: Poore Brothers Desert Mesquite Bar-B-Que

My wife picked these up at Walgreens for me thinking I might like them. Like it says on the bag, these kettle-cooked potato chips are "intensely different." Honestly I’m not sure just how different they are, but they sure are tasty.

Poore Brothers Desert Mesquite Bar-B-Que chips boast 0 trans fats and 0 cholesterol, so that ought to make the Health Nazis happy, for a moment at least, before suggesting that carrot sticks would be better. Then again, can you kettle-cook carrot sticks and brush them with BBQ flavor? Nope, just ain’t the same.

The flavor is just hot enough to stay with you but not too hot so that you’ll still be drinking water an hour later – just the right amount of spice. Like most kettle chips I especially love the crunched up shapes of these chips. They make for unique dippers in whatever you might want to dip them in. Me, I like ice cream, your mileage may vary. Either way, recommended.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: