Tuesday, March 11, 2014

French Fry Diary 565: BOPS


BOPS. It stands for Baked Organic Potato Snacks. Clever, huh? Well, it's catchy at least. They're made by Good Boy Organics, and much like Pringles, they make the distinction of calling the product crisps rather than chips. They are available in Sea Salt, BBQ, Sour Cream & Onion, and Aged Cheddar. Folks who know me know which flavor I picked up.

The BBQ BOPS are organic, gluten free, natural, all that good stuff, including having '65% less fat than regular potato chips.' That last bit of vaguery bugs me. As an ingredient reader, I know how tricky such claims can be. Sometimes 'regular potato chips' are healthier than the lite or low salt versions of the same brand! Nothing against BOPS, but that claim makes me suspect. Which 'regular potato chips' are they referencing?

The BOPS are universally formed and shaped much like the aforementioned Pringles but thicker with a ripple cut. Excellent for dipping, their flavor is on the smoky side of barbecue, with the hot/cold factor making them perfect to go with ice cream. I would definitely get these again, good stuff.

No comments: