Tuesday, July 27, 2010

French Fry Diary 131: French Fry Cupcakes

My good friend Nancy Whitcraft of Pink Sheep Style referred this one to me. I'll let her take it from here:

"This cupcake idea is from the book, "What's New, Cupcake?: Ingeniusly Simple Designs for Every Occasion" by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson. Love it.

"For the cupcakes I baked, I changed a few things. Instead of 'plating' the fries on a plate, I bought French fry baskets at a local restaurant supplier. I then added wax paper to the baskets. For the ketchup holders, I went to a fast food restaurant and 'borrowed' some of their containers. (After making a food purchase)

"The 'French fries' are pound cake and the ketchup is red dyed frosting. You put extra frosting in the squeeze bottle. You can squeeze frosting onto pound cake or dip it in the ketchup containers."


Wow, that's something, Nancy, and props to you, and Karen and Alan's book of course. Thanks! And don't forget to check out Nancy's work at the websites above!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: