Thursday, September 05, 2013

French Fry Diary 516: Cookes of Dublin Onion Rings


At one time if you had asked me where the best fries are, I would have said Cookes of Dublin in a heartbeat. Even though on the last few visits the quality has gone down, every time I've gone, I have been more than a little fry-centric and never tried their onion rings.

Friends Dom and Cindy recently visited Walt Disney World, and other than proving that Friar's Nook does in fact open, they also went over to Cookes of Dublin. This time they tried the onion rings. Cindy says, "The fries are great, but the onion rings are to die for! Very crisp, and they don't do that thing where you take one bite and the entire piece of onion slides out leaving you holding only batter."

Hmmm... I guess I'll have to try their onion rings on my upcoming trip down there. Thanks to Dom and Cindy!

1 comment:

Heironymous said...

The CofD onion rings are good but I found that the batter flavor was bit too bland for my tastes. I also tend to totally enjoy the onion slide you receive from eating an O ring at Red Robin or Bahama Breeze. The breading (coating? batter?) at RR or BB have a much more flavorful taste and texture, IMO.

Although it has always been my opinion that Epcot-World Showcase's Rose & Crown (and its quick service fish & chip stand) have a better tasting chip, the chips I had at CofD recently were better than the ones I had in 2011.