Friday, September 27, 2013

French Fry Diary 523: Burger King Satisfries


I have to be honest after the last few times Burger King changed their French fries, I was expecting the worst. But here's the thing, I think they may have actually gotten it right for once.

These are nice big standard crinkle cuts, mild crisp on the outside and soft, fluffy and hot inside. They have a baked quality rather than fried or deep-fried. You're getting more potato than Burger King's 'classic' fries, which they are being sold alongside. The portion size is also bigger but it should be noted, so is the price.

The signage around the restaurant insists they are 40% less fat and 30% less calories, but that's over McDonald's fries, not BK's own. After all, the Satisfries are cooked in the same oil as the classic fries, and the onion rings.

Bottom line, I like them, a lot. As I said, I think Burger King finally got it right. Until the next time they change their fries. Again.

No comments: