Thursday, February 12, 2015

French Fry Diary 646: Tyrrells Hand Cooked English Chips


When you start using words like 'hand cooked' and 'English' around a French fry and potato chip connoisseur like me, and you have my attention. So when I saw this bag of Tyrrells Hand Cooked English Chips at the store recently, I was all in and took them home.

I selected the Lightly Sea Salted variation, but they also come in several other gourmet flavors and even veggie chips. Hand cooked in small batches at Tyrrells Court Farms, these chips made from local English Herefordshire potatoes, are healthful, gluten free, and all natural, with no MSG or other chemicals.

The chips themselves are smaller chips, skin on, with a bit of a kettle vibe to them. Lighter and not as crunchy as kettle chips, these tasty chips are addictive and good for dipping despite their size. I just wish they had a barbecue flavor. I liked these potato chips quite a bit, two thumbs up.

No comments: