Thursday, June 04, 2009

French Fry Diary 24: Pat’s Family Restaurant II

I’m willing to admit when I’m wrong, and I think I may have jumped the gun with only one visit to Pat’s Family Restaurant in Marlton NJ, and may have been harsh with my review.

The place is very local, so I’ve had the chance to return there numerous times, and I’d like to correct a few things I had said at first. They do a brisk busy business and the service I was concerned with previously has become quite quick and streamlined. And I hope they stay around for quite some time.

My opinion of the fries also needs to be corrected. Yeah, that first visit, they weren’t so hot, and as with many places the fries depend on who’s doing the cooking. Since then the French fries have improved greatly and have been fairly consistent every time I’ve gone back. As a matter of fact, they’ve been a major reason to go back.

A recent trip to get some fries to go revealed more improvements. They now have these cool little boxes for take out fries, sealable to keep the fries hot for the ride home. It should also be noted that they always come in abundant servings, whether to go or eat in. Pat’s fries are natural cuts that are always crispy and hot, well worth putting a sign out to brag about.



.

No comments: