Sunday, January 24, 2010

French Fry Diary 84: Nathan’s Misfire

I shot through the drive-thru of my local Nathan’s Famous fries connection, an ice cream place called Bruster’s, only to discover when I got home – no Nathan’s Famous fries!

A substitution had been made. Instead of the yummy wide crinkle-cuts I was jonesing for, I got steak fries. Now don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with steak fries, usually, but that’s not what I ordered, ya know?

These steak fries were obviously cooked in the same oil and perhaps had the same seasoning as the distinctive Nathan’s taste was still there, but really not enough to mask the not-so-great, overdone and inadequate steak fries I got as a substitute.

I know that from now on, I’m inquiring about the fries before I order next time and then checking ‘em before I leave. This was a disaster.





Bookmark and Share

No comments: