Thursday, January 28, 2010

French Fry Diary 86: Cheesecake Factory

This review has been a long time coming. For the longest time we didn’t have the legendary Cheesecake Factory in our area, but then the announcement that one was coming had everyone excited. We’d heard about the restaurant/bar/bakery’s delights almost as if it were legend, from such arcane places as MySpace and Kathy Griffin’s act.

Once it opened it was a big hit. The burgers were great, a plus for me, and I also quite enjoyed the onion rings (or strings, or whatever they happened to have at the time), and The Bride was psyched about the macaroni and cheese balls which turned out to be not so great. Now, they’ve been here for a while but I’ve just never gotten around to reviewing their fries.

Ironically, on a trip up north to the Freehold Raceway Mall, I decided to finally get it over with. I got my usual burger, perfect and delicious, and it came with fries of course. The fries at Cheesecake Factory are just regular cuts, and very crispy, perhaps too crispy. So crispy that on this trip, I didn’t even finish them – and for me, that’s saying a lot. I even finished those terrible Burger King microwave fries.

So for Cheesecake Factory, there are a lot of really cool and delightful things on the menu to order, and I highly recommend you do, but just don’t go for the fries.


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

koshmanjr said...

I believe taste in french fries is subjective, I find Cheesecake Factory fries to be fantastic, a nice crunch and great flavor, no ketchup needed. I frequent the Cheesecake Factory in Menlo Park Mall, Edison, NJ, and the fries fail to disappoint, I can't finish them though because I focus more on my phenominal burger, leaving little room for the fries.