Wednesday, September 21, 2011

French Fry Diary 271: Enchanted Garden, Final Night

For our final night's dinner on the Disney Dream, we returned to the Enchanted Garden. As with any Disney Cruise, and I suppose any good cruise, the final night is bittersweet. And with an excellent waitstaff that has handled us for the entire trip - Goncalo, Charlie and Fitz - it was sad to see them go. Well, actually we're the ones going, but you know what I mean.

I got the aged angus beef tenderloin that came with something called a William potato, and I also ordered steak fries cuz I'm just like that, ya know. The steak was the best I have had in some time, almost perfect. The fries were the steak fries I had had throughout the cruise and were even better with the au jus from the steak.

The William potato was a breaded pear-shaped animal that was soft and hot inside like mashed potatoes. It also had a sweet kick to it, very delicious. Further questioning of Goncalo revealed that it is shaped mashed potatoes, covered with spiced breadcrumbs and deep-fried. It's fantastic, and highly recommended if you see it on a menu.

The evening was topped off by the Flags of All Nations dance (you have to see it to believe it) and a wonderful baked Alaska for dessert. I'm going to miss the Disney Dream.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: