Wednesday, February 01, 2012

French Fry Diary 331: Herr's Sweet Potato Chips

As I've mentioned before, I'm not a big fan of sweet potatoes. There are a few exceptions. I have really enjoyed the sweet potato fries at Cool Dog Café, for instance.

The Bride recently bought me a small snack bag of Herr's Sweet Potato Chips to try, and I was game. The bag says "Kettle Cooked," something that Herr's usually does quite well. In the spirit of full disclosure the bag also indicates they have sea salt, and no preservatives. These are all good things on the bag.

But it's the bag I'm finding fault with. The chips shown on the front of the bag sure look appetizing, but that's not what I found inside. The chips inside the bag were miniature shriveled up versions of the photograph. It reminded me of the orcs in "Lord of the Rings" - they were really elves who had been deformed and mutated.

Just by looks alone, I was turned off. I did not want these horrid orcish chips. Thumbs down, untasted. I'll pass.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: