Friday, February 24, 2012

French Fry Diary 342: The Chopped Challenge

A while back I talked about an episode of "Chopped" where frozen French fries were one of the mystery ingredients. My buddy Ray, who initially turned me on to "Chopped," noted several things about the episode after I posted my review of it.

Ray said, "I'm glad you picked up on how dull those chefs were with the French fries. There were so many things they could have done with them. I'm surprised someone didn't try remashing them, or coating them in Japanese bread crumbs to restore the crunch, or something other than what they did.

"I have a brilliant idea - you should recreate that Chopped event. Buy the four ingredients, get someone to film you making a dish, and then put it up on YouTube. I'll even eat it."


Now I'm not so keen on filming me cooking, but I think Ray's got a hell of an idea, and I think I might take him up on it. Let's call it the French Fry Diary Chopped Challenge. What do you folks think? Should I do it?

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Jeffrey Milliman said...

Heck, I'd eat it. Sounds like fun.

-Jeff